We are an organization/community/Center that teaches and practices the principles of Science of Mind (also known as Religious Science). Science of Mind is a teaching, and a philosophy, and a way of life. The founder – Ernest Holmes – studied all major western and eastern religions and faith traditions, and combined them with insights from philosophy, psychology, and science. It’s one of the three teachings under the larger New Thought umbrella, that includes Unity as well. We believe in values such as Oneness, Understanding, Wholeness, Service, and Peace.
Anyone looking for like-hearted, –souled, and -minded people exploring personal and collective spiritual growth may have just found their new spiritual home! At our Center for Spiritual Living Graham, NC we provide spiritual tools that offer possibilities to transform our personal life while simultaneously making the world a better place for all of us.
We are a spiritual community that honors all ways of seeking the Divine. We use a multitude of practical ways to experience a greater awareness of our personal relationship with the Universal Essence. When our main focus is on our spirituality, other areas of our lives fall into place – we are more joy-filled, deeply aware of an amazing State of Grace, and from that awareness, we do more for others, are better stewards of the Earth, and increase peace and harmony in the world and beyond.
We offer classes and workshops and have a Wednesday evening “practical spirituality” gathering. And on Sundays we have a 20 minute meditation that starts at 10:30, and then we have our Sunday Celebration Service, that starts at 11:00am. Once a month on Friday evening we have a drumming circle. You can find more on our Facebook page and on our Meetup page! Just search for “Center for Spiritual Living Graham” when you are in Facebook or in Meetup.
You can find out more about what Science of Mind is via the website of our organization: Centers for Spiritual Living – www.csl.org.
Whether someone is in search of a spiritual community where we are all honored and accepted for the unique Divine Gifts we, or desiring inspiration and support to grow from the highest potential and to serve our world from that space; whether someone is seeking answers, with a willingness to delay instant solutions to receive greater spiritual input and guidance, or not – anyone is welcome to ‘check us out’ in person!
We believe there is One Divine All That Is that goes by many names. This One Spirit is closer and more personal than our breath AND transcends everything.
We believe It is unlimited potential, infinite, and everywhere present, and that all of It is everywhere present at once.
This Divine Source is all knowing, all powerful, and unchanging. We believe It expresses in and as us, and in and as everything that ever was, is, and will be.
We believe this Universal Power works through the Universal Law of Spirit. This Creative Mind receives a direct impress of our thoughts, and acts upon it always, saying ‘Yes!’ without reservation.
We believe there is only One Life; this Life is God’s Life; this Life is Perfect; this Life is our Life now!”
We believe there is One Life, this Life is Divine Life, this Life is Perfect, and this Life is our Life now!
- We envision all people, all beings, and all life as expressions of God.
- We see a world in which each and every person lives in alignment with his/her highest spiritual principle, emphasizing unity with God and connection with each other; a world in which individually and collectively we are called to a higher state of consciousness and action.
- We envision humanity awakening to its spiritual magnificence and discovering the creative power of thought; a world where each and every person discovers his/her own personal power and ability to create an individual life that works within a world that works for everyone.
- We envision a world in which we live and grow as One Global Family that respects and honors the interconnectedness of all life; a world where this kinship with all life prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience.
- We envision a world where personal responsibility joins with social conscience in every area of the political, corporate, academic, and social sectors, providing sustainable structures to further the emerging global consciousness.
- We envision a world where each and every person has enough food, a home and a sense of belonging; a world of peace and harmony, enfranchisement and justice.
- We envision a world in which resources are valued, cared for, and grown, and where there is generous and continuous sharing of these resources.
- We envision a worldwide culture in which forgiveness (whether for errors, injustices, or debts) is the norm.
- We envision a world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature, and love through the resurgence of creativity, art, and aesthetics.
- We envision a world that works for everyone and for all of creation.